Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What A Great Ending To A Great Day

     Just earlier tonight, I had an amazing talk with my mom and someone she introduced me to. I met him at the Barnes & Noble Cafe at 8:30 and we ended up talking about love, religion, theories, and everything in between until 1am. When I left there, I realized how I was living my life wrong and not following God's wishes. It completely changed my outlook of life, Christianity, and love. I'm so glad I was blessed to meet this great guy and I'm sure we'll hang out again soon.

     It's amazing how God can turn an "OK" day into something spectacular in just a matter of hours. I had no idea the of the sins I had been guilty of until tonight and it made me realize how deep I really was into leading a bad life. I've broken every one of the 10 commandments at least once (in my heart and in life). I just prayed and prayed for God's forgiveness and no sooner than I stopped praying, I felt His presence beside me, cheering me up, comforting me, and letting me know it will all be ok.

     As I have said before, if you had told me a year ago that I would find God in the most unexpected way, I never would have believed you. No one in existence could have convinced me that God is real and really cares. I had to find out for myself, and when I did, it's like being reborn.  found a quote on the internet the other day. I can't find it again (of course), but I'll recite it to the best of my ability:

     "You can live days, months even years without anything new happening in your life. Then, all of a sudden, so much can happen in just a second or part of a second that it's like you've been born again with a new lease on life."

     I hope you get something out of reading my blog. I'm glad you do, whoever you are, but I'm tired now and I'm going to bed.

-Josh Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment